Today, I would like to share my experience at Lambton College Toronto campus. Life of International Student at Lambton College pretty similar to other colleges in the nearby areas. Which include Humber College, Sheridan College, Canadore College, George Brown College, Seneca College, St. Lawrence College, Mohawk College, St. Clair College and Georgian College (Barrie), etc. Will share some detail about Lambton College like its fees, Co-op help, job opportunities after or during the course. There are a large number of colleges which offers admission to an international student. Not wasting much time lets get started with college talk.
My Studies Experience at Lambton College as an International Student
I got admission in Computer Software & Database Development (May 2016) batch. To be honest, I was quite nervous about the college as it was not well known in India at that time. However, its Sarnia campus is quite popular but as other Indian candidates, I want to go to college in the GTA area.
I landed on 27th April 2016 and my classes were to start by 5 or 6 May. There were 3 days orientation and candidate need to attend any 1 day out of 3. I went on 6th and was surprised to see the campus. It was pretty small just one building and moreover, all the floor doesn’t belong to the college. The first two semesters went fine in the same building. Then the college gave us 4 months official break which started in January. A surprise came when we returned back to continue our studies after a break. College went through a lot of changes. Now College has had another big newly renovated building. In just a few months the campus of college was doubled. Till the end of our studies, the college went through tremendous changes.
In Short, My Experience as an International Student at Lambton College Toronto
- Impressed with colleges progress in last few years.
- Traveling from Mississauga/Brampton is really time-consuming (if using public or college transport).
- Lecturers are quite helpful.
- Organize Employer Expo.
- Provide detail about different openings for Co-op through their portal.
- Help you with building professional cover page and resume.
- The thing I hated the most was classes schedules it was like one day morning then after and some classes were in the evening. Hope now they might have improved on it.
- Most of the exams were multiple choice in our course and not very tough or challenging. You can easily score well if you attend classes regularly.
If I remember more things about college will update it on this page. This was my experience as an Internation student at Lambton College in Toronto. Although I didn’t get the job of my profile, fortunately, I managed to get what I wanted to do. Currently, I am working as an assistant manager and planning to file my PR via Express Entry. Even you can share your experience if you are studying or studied in this college.
If anyone who is planning to apply for studies at Lambton college and has some questions then make sure to leave a comment below.