August Update: Here we are with updated Recent IELTS Speaking Topics which include part 1 introduction questions, cue card, and part 3 discussion topics. Sometimes examiner asks you from one particular speaking test. In this case, you will ask all related question like if in part one something started with hobbies then part 2 cue card will surely relate. However, some examiner doesn’t strict to one set. They just turn on the pages and ask you questions of a totally different type.
Like in my case, in the first part it was about my likes. Do you like travelling? Something like that. Then cue card was described as a library you visit frequently. However, part 3 was related as it was all about reading. Do people read while travelling in your country?
Leaving my test, let’s talk about the most recent questions. Which could be helpful for candidates preparing for the IELTS Speaking test. For my personal tips to improve your score read Ways to improve score IELTS 6.5 to 7.5.
Going through the Speaking Topics would surely give some idea about the real test. Just use it for practice, it’s not a good idea to give the examiner the prepared answer.
Recent IELTS Speaking Cue Card 2019
Describe the practical skill you learned.
- What this skill was
- When you learned it
- How you learned it
- And explain why you think it was important
Your favourite magazine/ Talk about a magazine you read
- Which Magazine it is?
- Where you read it?
- What was the magazine about?
Describe a time when you saved money for something
- What did you save for?
- How you saved money?
- For how long did you save money?
Talk about a game or sport you enjoyed when you were young
- What was the game
- When did you play it
- Who did you play with
- How you felt about it
Describe a time when you had some medicine
- When it happened
- Who gave it to you
- Why you had it
- Also, say how you felt about it
Describe a time when you searched for information from the internet
- When was it
- what information were you looking for
- How did it help you
Talk about a foreign language you want to learn(other than English)
- What language would you like to learn
- why you want to learn this language
- How will you learn this language
(2nd June Cue card): Talk about a dish that is usually made on a special occasion in your country.
- What is it
- When and where you usually eat it
- How it is prepared
and explain why this food is important for the occasion.
Recent IELTS Speaking complete Test 2019
Speaking Part 1 :
- Where are you from?
- Do you like living there? Why?
- Do you think Breakfast is an important meal?
- Do you often miss it?
- Tell me how is your typical morning routine?
- Do you prefer to tap water or bottled water?
An important decision you made with the help of someone:
- What was the decision
- who helped you
- how he/she help you
Follow up questions were
- Do you often ask for help when making decisions?
- Do you think teenagers are able to make their own decisions
- Why some people make quick decisions and some cannot?
- what should national leader consider when they make decisions?
Candidates who recently had a speaking test can also share the cue card topic in the comment box below.
Share your IELTS Cue Card Topic from the recent Test: